Am I Infected with iPhone SMS Virus?
If your phone suddenly begins calling people on its own, sends text messages without you doing so and you see an odd SMS message then chances are you have been infected by the iPhone SMS hack.
The only way to remove it would be to fully wipe your device and reload the firmware.
The text message which actually initiates the memory corruption will contain a square box or (non-recognizable alphanumeric character).
Protecting Your iPhone From iPhone SMS Hack/Virus
You have a few options here and a couple that may or may not work for you.
1. Put your iPhone in Airplane mode. This means you won’t be able to make calls or receive/send messages. You’ll be dead in the water in terms of connectivity.
2. Power down your phone completely. Again, you’ll be dead in the water and not even be able to play games
3. If you’re using a jailbroken iPhone then you can SSH to your iPhone, navigate to the Applications directory and then remove all permissions from MobileSMS.app. This prevents SMS application from running on the phone.
4. This one, I am not sure if it will work or not but you could try disabling SMS in the parental controls. Again, this may or may not work.
Related Posts:Virus, Virus iPAD, VIRUS IPHONE
- How to Jailbreak iOS 7.1, iOS 7.0.4 & iOS 7.0.3.
- Apple is testing new iOS 8 with the possibility of mobile payments.
- Samsung plans to open 1500 mini-stores in USA.
- Google Searches 2013 - In 2013, The World Searched For...
- The iPad Pro will have a 12.9-inch display with a resolution of 4K
- iOS 7.1 Download, Install, Update. FAQ & Errors
- Which OS is Right for Your Business? - IOS 7.
- Best Of 2013 For iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch.
- iPhone 7 (Air) Prototype (Video)
- iPhone 6 Security - Login With Eye ID